Monday, April 11, 2011

Bus Bombing

Well, this is rather old news at this point, but I felt that it was kinda important to blog about the bus bombing. Everything I know is pretty much secondhand, but I was obsessed with finding everything I could out about this. I had Ha’aretz, Al- Jazeera, the Jerusalem Post, the BBC, MSNBC, CNN and several other papers on different tabs and kept checking them all constantly. Fox News was the most interesting I think: Witnesses Say Bus Bombing in Jerusalem. This was several hours after everyone had already established that yes, there had been a bombing and were reporting on casualties. There wasn’t even a story, just the headline. I also find it rather shocking, that sites like MSNBC and CNN were more concerned with the fact that Elizabeth Taylor had died than that there were terrorist attacks in the world’s holiest city. Perhaps what also hit home was that the woman that died was a Rothberg Student. She had been in Ulpan with some of my friends, and while I had never spoken to her, when given a description, I remembered her immediately. She was a fantastic woman and she will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment