Monday, February 7, 2011

Psych Testing

As I can’t work here, when the opportunity arose to make 160 shekels to participate in a psychology study, I jumped at the chance. The group was studying how people learn Hebrew and they were looking for native English speakers that were in the Aleph level in Ulpan. The first session took two hours and I have never felt more like an idiot.  I had issues replicating patterns, I couldn’t intentionally make spoonerisms of nonsense, and the proctor of the test gave me lessons on speaking English. It is bizarre how they determine the how well someone can learn a language. Most of what they did was recognizing patterns, first in images and then in words. I’m kinda interested to see what the tests are next time… and I’ll make the last 120 NIS :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment